An in-house, networked artist/curator/writer residency built by users of the NetBehaviour list lasting for 2 weeks where a practicioner's work is seen, as part of the list experience, adding different kind of authentic stuff to the list- exploring more than debate alone, through behaviour.
BEAM Night - Tanaka, Donnarumma, Zamborlin, Bugs, Leafcutter LDN 4th April
From: devel at thesaddj.com (Marco Donnarumma)
Date: Monday, 2 April 2012 - 10:27am
@ Cafe OTO
Wednesday 4th of April at 20:00
Tickets at £5 in advance (otherwise £7 on the door).
BEAM Festival presents BEAM NIGHT ? a special one-off taster event held at
Following BEAM?s mission, the acts of this night were all featured at BEAM
2011 and all use unusual and/or homemade interfaces to perform.
- Atau Tanaka & Adam Parkinson play iPhones as sensitive, handheld
- Bruno Zamborlin performs Cafe OTO?s wall ? possibly for the first time?!
With his invention, Mogees, which read gestural language on any surface.
- Marco Donnarumma?s Music for Flesh is a visceral sensor performance using
his instrument system Xth sense, which has just been named ?the world?s
most innovative new musical instrument? and awarded First Prize at the
Guthman Musical Instrument Competiton in Atlanta.
- Tom Bugs (maker of Bugbrand synth products) appears in a rare performance
using his Modular Synths and also sets up a mini-installation for the night.
- The beguilingly creative Leafcutter John conjures up soundscapes with his
new explorations in light and sound.
hope to see some of you there,
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.
ACE, Sound Design MSc by Research (ongoing)
The University of Edinburgh, UK
Research: http://res.marcodonnarumma.com | http://www.thesaddj.com |