The Manifesto of Freshism
“If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.”
- Edward Hopper
What does art mean Art is universal, it’s something anyone can be part of, whether you have a creative talent for it or just enjoy it as a hobby, it’s something everyone can join in with. Art should be tranquil, something that can take you to a place of imagination when you look at it. Art is very interesting and has significant values to it. Art is something that should convey a message or inspire an emotion, it doesn’t have to adhere to any specific rules or regulations as the artist is creating his/her own rules. Art is something that can detect a single thought or feeling such as strength or simplicity. No artist should have to explain why they did something in a certain way or the method they used to convey their message. An artist is free to express themselves in whatever way they want to.
Fresh Something that has not previously been known or used. Something that is new to one’s experience or encountered before. Fresh could be something that is recent, novel, blooming, rosy, lively, refreshing, vivid, inexperienced or unused. Fresh is something that is original and of a kind not seen before.
The manifesto of Freshism It’s here to help artists produce something new, exciting, vibrant and creative; it’s here to put a modern twist on the way we view and produce art. For many years artists have been seeking inspiration from old work. Although artwork from past times is full of detail and elegance of that era it all starts beginning to look the same, why produce something that someone has already done. We are artists looking for art from new generations. We want to produce something that gives us the freedom to express who we are as people and not just produce something for someone else’s benefit. The Freshism artists are here to set a sleek and edgy, trendsetting way of how we view art work. Forget the traditional way of doing things; we’re here to put a modern, current, stylish and twenty-first century twist on it. You are called a Freshist if you follow Freshism.
Guidelines of being a Freshist are as follows
• The Freshist should accept that they are an artist and believe in themselves.
• The Freshist should produce art because he/she wants to not because they must.
• The Freshist should allow change.
• The Freshist should seek inspiration from popular culture inspired by modern music.
• The Freshist should produce something exciting, thrilling and unique.
• The Freshist should create art work for a new generation.
• The Freshist should be inspired by others but not copy from others.
• The Freshist should make a statement.
• The Freshist should produce something less traditional with a modern twist put to it.
• The Freshist should produce something bright and colourful.
• The Freshist should produce something that has a positive vibe and feel about it.
• Lastly the Freshist is to promote a creative new fun generation for art.
I’m going to leave you with a quote
“The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is life, by artificial means and hold it fixed so that a hundred years later, when a stranger looks at it, it moves again since it is life.”
- William Faulkner