Who can participate:
Spanish and international, foreign artists of any nationality aged 18 years or older are permitted to participate. However, special attention is paid to emerging artists or those who have not participated in previous years.
Date / When to apply:
Applications can be submitted from the 20 of February to the 31 of March of 2017.
Projects will not be accepted after this date.
The 10th Exhibition of IN-SONORA Muestra de Arte Sonoro e Interactivo will be held in March of 2018. The dates will be specified once projects have been selected.
Each participant can present as many proposals as he/she wishes. Each proposal should be followed by its relevant request.
The selected proposal must be produced before the end of 2017 and include everything necessary for the presentation.
Applications must be submitted exclusively through www.in-sonora.org. The online form must be fully completed and follow the corresponding guidelines regarding text size, format and the size of the submitted files.
For further information write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documentation will be asked in the online form:
))) Personal Information: First name and last name, place and date of birth, nationality, address, city, country of residence and a short CV (max. 1500 characters).
))) Contact Details: Email, web, phone and/or Skype.
))) Details of the Work: Please include the title, year and a short description of the work (max. 200 characters), as well as a conceptual description (max. 700 characters), technical description (max. 700 characters), the technical requirements of the piece (max. 750 characters), its size, the approximate duration and current status of the work, and any other pertinent information.
Documentation of the Work:
))) Images (up to 2 MB per image).
))) Audio and video files and information. They will need to be online (MySpace, Soundcloud, Youtube, Vimeo, Personal URL...) and the link will be required for its listening or viewing.
))) Full dossier. (5 MB maximum, must be in .PDF format with selectable text).
NOTE: Depending on the specific format chosen, here are some conditions which are detailed on the form:
))) Events must last up to 40 minutes maximum.
))) Video should last up to 10 minutes maximum. They need to be online (Youtube, Vimeo, Personal URL...) and the link for viewing them should be indicated.
))) Sound pieces should last up to 5 minutes maximum. They need to be online (Myspace, Soundcloud, Personal URL ...) and the link for listening to them should be specified.
))) Net.Art pieces and Netlabels should be online. The URL is required.
))) For conferences, please indicate the number of speakers.
))) For workshops, please indicate the approximate cost and number of teachers involved.
))) It is also necessary to attach a dossier with documentation of previous works.
(5 MB maximum; PDF format with selectable text)
The jury will be composed of IN-SONORA team members and professionals in the world of sound-based and interactive art. An undetermined number of pieces in each format will be selected, taking into account the quality and viability of the proposals.
The jury reserves the right to request more information about the work of the participants, if necessary, for a proper assessment.
The verdict of the jury will be announced April 28, 2017. The list of the elected participants will be sent by email to all registered participants and posted on the web: www.in-sonora.org.
Spaces and Institutions Supporting IN-SONORA 10:
In 2017, IN-SONORA is striving to get the best scenarios and exhibition spaces for the selected works. So far, we are proud to announce our collaboration with these institutions and spaces: Comunidad de Madrid, Medialab-Prado, IED Madrid, and La Casa Encendida, as well as the Swinton & Grant Galleries.
In addition, we are also excited to announce the cooperation of IED Madrid, with their students of the one-year course Digital Arts and Experiential Design.
The IN-SONORA association works every year to develop and carry out an exhibition of international and interactive sound art projects in the city of Madrid.
In order to fulfill this objective, it carries out different tasks:
- - The launching of an international public call, dissemated among all media channels and among its previous collaborators.
- - The reception and study of all the projects received by the Jury, after it has selected an optimal number of works.
- - Contact with different cultural spaces in Madrid that will host the exhibition.
- - Exhibition coordination and the design of the general program and showrooms, taking into account the specific needs of each work.
- - Seeking grants and support to improve the conditions of artists, staff and equipment. -- Press and broadcasting of the entire program on the website www.in-sonora.org, as well as in a printed publication and among professional networks and bulletins.
IN-SONORA has an assembly technician who studies all the installations and gives facilities to the artists, as well as a sound technician who attends live events.
IN-SONORA has at its disposal basic technical equipment for live events:
- 4 amplifiers M-AUDIO Studiophile BX8A Deluxe 130w + 4 bases
- Mixing console 14 channels Mackie 1402-VLZ3 + mixing console 12 channels Yamaha 12 MG124c.
- 2 voice microphones Behringher XM8500, 1 microphone Shure 58.
All equipment that doesn't appear on this list must be provided by the artist.
- The works presented must be technically achieved already. The artists are responsible for providing the technical means to properly present the works during the exhibition.
- Artists will accept the space assigned to them in the festival and collaborate on any possible adaptation of their work to comply with any possible constraints the space might impose.
- IN-SONORA cannot afford transportation fees, insurances, stipends per diem, etc.
- The selected artists will release the exhibition rights to IN-SONORA, whether this be images, writings or documentation produced during the exhibition, to be used only for the promotion of the project and not for any commercial purposes under the regulations stated in Creative Commons By-NC-SA.
- Artists with installations will be in charge of the assembly and dismantling of their piece. Those with events must be present on rehearsal days and also deal with the assembly and dismantling of the stage.
- Completion of all required fields. Those that can provide further information may do so by using the online form located at www.in-sonora.org.
- Enthusiasm, commitment and an ability to work the IN-SONORA team, since they have put forth the effort to make this event possible.
If you participate as an artist in this event, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined previously in these guidelines. In the case that the artist does not comply with the requirements hereby detailed within this document, his/her application will be dismissed.